I believe that: Women should do more weight training !!
You Won’t Get Bulky. Remember: your bodyweight depends on the amount of calories you eat & expend. Strength training will make you gain muscle & lose fat. But you’ll stay at the same bodyweight unless you start eating more.
Women have lower testosterone levels than men. Muscle mass & strength depend on your testosterone levels. The only way women can get as muscular as man is by using steroids or pro-hormones.
Benefits for Women.
- Less Fat. More muscles, decreased body fat at the same bodyweight.
- Balanced Physique. Many women are skinny in the upperbody & bulky in their legs. Strength training will balance your physique.
- Increased Bone Density. Lifting weights prevents osteoporosis.
- Blood Circulation. Helps combat cellulites on thighs & glutes.
- More strength. Pregnancy, holding baby, householdery,… gets easier.
- Fun. Women really like sports from my experience, especially when they have fun while getting results.
- Physical Activity. Whether it is strength training or something else: you need physical activity to stay “sane”.
How Women Should Train.
Same as men. Same exercises. Same sets & reps. Same programs. If your goal is toning up & losing fat, strength is your tool.
Source: Strong Lifts