Cycle 2: 6 DEC 2010 – 30 JAN 2011
Goal: GrossFit Games 2012
Cycle 2 and onwards includes thoughts about nutrition, weightloss, mental training, training for a half marathon in April 2011 (my first and definetely last one), participation in the Danish CrossFit Open 2011 (29 JAN), participation in the CrossFit Sectionals (MAR-APR 2011), some named CrossFit WODs, 1RM lifts, gymnastic skills, and last but not least a lot of olympic lifting, as I have persued my dream and started training olympic weightlifting.
Photo: last day in cycle 1 (Frederik Æ and I won the Danish Team Christmas CrossFit Challenge)
The plan for end 2010 + entire 2011 is to follow the Training For Warriors philosophy and to train in cycles of 8 weeks in order to achieve my short and long term goals.
The structure of my training in cycle 1 was:
- MON: upper body strength + skills(*)
- TUE: lower body CrossFit WOD
- WED: rest
- THU: upper body CrossFit WOD
- FRI: lower body strength + skills(*)
- SAT: rest
- SUN: speed day/interval running
I have started olympic weightlifting in cycle 2, so the structure of my training in cycle 2 has been changed to:
- MON: endurance WOD
- TUE: running/active recovery
- WED: olympic weightlifting
- THU: running/active recovery
- FRI: weightlifting
- SAT: running/lifting/WOD
- SUN: Interval running/WOD
Link to my detalied daily training in cycle 2.
The goal in cycle 2 was still to lose weight, build strength, working on endurance and hitting some named WODs again – and the end goal was to be able to compete in the Danish CrossFit Open (29 JAN 2011).
3 times weekly running for the half marathon end a weekly endurance WOD on Mondays has helped a lot on my endurance, and attending 2-3 olympic weightlifting classes weekly has improved my strength as well.
Photo: JAN 2011 – after a 19 min endurance WOD
Danish CrossFit Open 2011 on 29 JAN 2011 marked the end of cycle 2. I was so fortunate to make it all the way to the final and finished 3rd overall. Ring dips killed me in the final WOD, and my goal in cycle 3 and onwards is for sure to work even more focused on upper body strength + skills….. Despite the result in the final and me trying to do ring dips for 6 or more minutes, the 3rd place in the Danish CrossFit Open was a huge personal victory for me. I’m still nok 100% back in shape and struggeled both with strength and endurance, but I’m getting there…… Mentally, I feel even stronger 🙂 I have found a good ‘competition mode’ and can actually enjoy the day and focus on the WODs at the same time. See WODs + results here.
The crossfitters from Butcher’s Garage + me 🙂
Danish CrossFit Open – final/women
I’m still training for the half marathon in April, training for my first weightlifting competition i April as well, and improving my CrossFit weaknesses in order to be able to give it my best for the CrossFit Sectionals/Opens from mid March and 6 weeks onwards.
On 3 JAN 2011 I was so lucky that crossfit HQ found my profile interesting enough to post it on Crossfit.com. See the Europe Scouting report here.
TESTS – END CYCLE 2
– most of the stats are not my max/others are all time PBs, and most imprortant numbers to work from 🙂
- Deadlift: 105 kg (24 JAN 2011 – not max at all)
- Front squat: 75 kg. (31 DEC 2010)
- Front squat 2RM: 75 kg. (24 JAN 2011)
- Front squat 3RM: 65 kg. (22 JAN 2011)
- Back squat: 95 kg. (17 Jan 2011)
- Back squat 2RM: 95 kg. (22 Jan 2011)
- Back squat 10RM: 70 kg. (17 Jan 2011)
- Back squat 21 RM in 3 min.: 70 kg. (29 JAN 2011)
- Overhead squat 5RM: 60 kg.
- Overhead squat 12 RM: 40 kg.
- Bench press:
- Shoulder press: 42 kg (24 JAN 2011)
- Shoulder press 18 RM: 30 kg. (29 JAN)
- Snatch: 51 kg. (15 JAN)
- Snatch 2RM: 50 kg. (19 JAN)
- Snatch 3RM: 45 kg. (DEC 2010)
- Clean & Jerk: 60 kg. (10 DEC 2010)
- Snatch balance: 65 kg. (22 Jan 2011)
Photo: after 21 back squats @ 70 kg. (photo by Lene Gunnø)
- Max push-ups in 4 min.
- Max dips in 3 min.: at leats 15 (JAN 2011)
- Max strict pull-ups in 3 min
- Isabel: 4:30 min. RX, 24 DEC 2010
- Diane: 5:51 min. RX (9 JAN 2011)
- Fight Gone Bad
- 100 m. run
- 400 m. run
- 250 m. row
- 500 m. row
- Longest distance in this cycle: 7,5 km. (9 JAN) + 7,5 km. (15 JAN)
- Strict handstand push-ups
- Ring handstand push-ups
- Handstand walk
- Ring dips
- Legless rope climb
- Pistols.: back on pistols with bith legs but still rusty 🙂
- Strict pull-ups: 2 consecutive
Photos: Danish CrossFit Open + end cycle 2 (photo by Jo Cartwright)
In cycle 3 (FEB-MAR) I will work on all of the above, participate in the CrossFit Sectionals/Opens (MAR-APR/6 WODs in 6 weeks), participate in Butcher’s Garage Stronger Challenge in a team with Liz Gunner and Ditte Jacobsen (19 FEB) and furthermore look into nutrition and mental training.
Photo: this is how I looked right before getting pregnant, and how I want to look again – a perfect size for me in order to be both strong and fast 🙂
Thanks to our sponsors!