Guess who will finish 1st and 2nd (men and women) in the Butcher’s Garage Stronger Challenge 2011!
Post your name, e-mail and who you think will win in the comments below (no later than Friday 18 FEB).
The prizes are:
- 2 x free training (1 month) @ Butcher’s Garage
- 2 x Butcher’s Garage t-shirts
Winners will be announced here after the challenge. Prizes can hereafter be picked up at Butcher’s Garage….
Butcher’s Garage is looking forward to seeing a lot of athletes, spectators etc. on their opening day 19 FEB 2011. The day starts with free intro classes in CrossFit and is topped with Denmark’s strongest challenge at 14:00! For more info: www.butchersgarage.dk
The Teams are:
# 1- “Diciplene” (the dicples)
- Anders Hansen
- Thomas Østergaard
- Martin Issing
# 2 – ”Team Powered by Bacon”
- Allan Hansen
- Michael Møller Hansen
- Kristian Stær
# 3 – ”Team LABrats”
- Christian Palm
- Morten L. Sørensen
- Kenneth Helt
# 4 -”Team Ginger”
- Nicholas Ennis
- Andreas Nissen
- Thomas Debiasio
# 5 – BB “Burpee boys”
- Daniél Andreasen
- Baris Halitoglu
- Mads Tarp Hold
# 6 – ” TTYN”
- Allan Jensen
- Mikkel Monsrud
- Simon Johnsen
# 7 – ”Team shut up and squat”
- Philip Hargett
- Frederik Ægidius
- Kristoffer Hansen
# 8 – ”Team LumberJacked”
- Nikolaj Kaufmann
- Dan Bjerregaard
- Jacob Søndergaard
# 9 – CrossFit Aalborg
- Mads Skovsgaard Thimm
- Marco Lyngsø Toldbod
- Benjamin Rønning Lassen
# 10 – ”5-3-1-Done”
- Simon Rodovsky
- Kyle Raymond
- Christian Jaehger
# 11 – ”The Mechanics”
- David Ulrich Hansen
- Peter Willers Jepsen (PP)
- Nicholas Holst
# 12 – ” Team BeefCake”
- Daniel Arensborg
- Christoffer Bramgaard Dixen Møller
- Anders Lerche
# 13 – ”Pink Thunder”
- Liz Gunner
- Ditte Jacobsen
- Sarah Lindasdatter Troelsen Krarup
# 14 – ” Team Lift-a-Lot”
- Linda Storm
- Hrund Scheving
- Anja Simonsen
The WODs are:
“Butcher’s Garage Total”
The team (3 persons) has 20 min. to establish 2 x 1RM lifts on the following lifts:
- Deadlift (with a twist – to be revealed on the 19 FEB)
- Back squat
- Bench press
- Clean (anyhow)
The 2 heaviest lifts in each discipline (fx. deadlift) performed by 2 different people will go into the Butcher’s Garage Total. As it is a team event, each team member has to contribute with at least 2 lifts in 2 disciplines (fx. 1 bench press + 1 clean). The team may try as many lifts as possible and in any order. After the 20 min., the judge needs to have 2 scores on each lift performed by 2 different team members.
Judges will NOT help loading + unloading the bar. Each team will have 1 bar, 1 bench, 1 squat rack and enough bumper plates. Lowest bumper plates will be 2 x 5 kg, 2 x 2,5 kg., 2 x 1, 25 kg.
Example – score (Kenneth, Anders and Henrik are in the same team):
Deadlift: Kenneth 200 kg + Anders 200 kg. = 400 kg.
Back squat: Henrik 200 kg. + Anders 200 kg. = 400 kg.
Bench press: Kenneth 100 kg. + Henrik 100 kg. = 200 kg.
Clean (anyhow): Kenneth 100 kg. + Anders 100 kg. = 200 kg.
Butcher’s Garage Total = 1200 kg.
(Kenneth does 3 lifts, Anders does 3 lifts, Henrik does 2 lifts)
Heats: 3 teams in each heat, time limit: 20 min.
“Tire, Sledge and Prowler Flu”
This WOD is a prowler, sledge, tire, and sandbag relay.
- 1st team member has to push the prowler (on the high end) from one end of the turf (kunstgræs) to the other, then grap his sandbag and run back
- 2nd team member has to pull the sledge from one end of the turf (kunstgræs) to the other, then grap his sandbag and run back
- 3rd team member has to do tire flips from one end of the turf (kunstgræs) to the other, then grap his sandbag and run back
- 1st team member graps his sandback, runs back to the prowler, dumps the sand back, and pushes the prowler (on the low end) back.
- 2nd team member graps his sandback, runs back to the sledge, dumps the sand back, and drags the sledge backwards back.
- 3rd team member graps his sandback, runs back to the tire, dumps the sand back, and flips the tire back.
Weight + distance will be revealed on the day of the competition.
Heats: 2 teams in each heat, time limit: 12 min.
For a total time:
The 1st team member does:
9-6-3 reps of:
- DB thrusters 24/16 kg. in each hand
- DB box walk 24/16 kg. in each hand
- DB hammer curls 24/16 kg. in each hand
THEN the 2nd team member does:
3 (men)/2 (women) rounds of “DT”:
- 70/50 kg. deadlift, 12 reps
- 70/50 kg. hang power clean, 9 reps
- 70/50 kg. push jerk, 6 reps
LAST the 3rd team member does:
- 36/26 KB snatch @ 32/24 kg.
Heats: 4 teams in each heat, time limit: 15 min.
“Hesher Heaven, Hipster Hell”
Farmer walk for 4 min. The team who walks the longest distance wins. You can switch as many times as you like.
Weight will be revealed on the day of the competition.
The 2 best male and the 2 best female teams will compete in the finale.
Heats: 2 teams in each heat x 2 heats, time limit: 4 min.
Standard CrossFit scoring. The winning team in an event, gets 1 point, the second place gets 2 points etc. In case of a tie when entering into the final, WOD1 (team who lifted the most) will decide the finalists.
The best team going into the finale starts 30 sec. ahead of no. 2.