Name: Sarah Lindasdatter Troelsen Krarup
Gym / webpage: Butcher’s Garage, Copenhagen Denmark www.butchersgarage.dk
- CrossFit Games 2011 (Affiliate Competition), 39th
- CrossFit Games Regionals/Europe 2011 (Affiliate Competition), 2nd
- See all my competition results here – CrossFit/olympic weightlifting (I LOVE COMPETING)
1. When and where did you start CrossFit, and how did you hear about it?
I had my first intro class at CrossFit Copenhagen in 2008 and I had heard about it from a lot of friends who thought that I would love it – and I did and still do.
2. What was your first WOD, how did it go, and how did you feel afterwards?
- 5 burpees
- 10 kettlebell swings
- 15 air squats
I went 100% hard from the beginning, and I was WASTED after 10 min.
3. Do you remember anything about when you started? Which exercises did you find difficult and was there anything you we’re unable to perform RX’ed?
I LOVED “Fight Gone Bad”, “Filthy 50” and met cons. I struggeled a lot with kipping pill-ups, and it took me forever to get them.
4. What was your favorite WOD and lift when you started – and what is it now?
- Favorite WOD: Fight Gone Bad
- Favorite lift: Squat
- Least favorite WOD: Fran
- Least favorite lift: deadlift
- Favorite WOD: Isabell + anything with barbell complexes and heavy/CrossFit Football’ish 🙂
- Favorite lift: Squat + squat snatch
- Least favorite WOD: Fran + Fight Gone Bad
- Least favorite lift: deadlift + jerk
5. What has been your best CrossFit experience(s)?
Participating in the CrossFit Games 2 times (2009 + 2011 – affiliate cup)
6. Do you have any good advice for people who have just started CrossFit? Anything you wish that you had known/had done differently etc.?
- Don’t train stupid and don’t overtrain!
- Strength has helped a lot, so alvays remember your vitamins (squats, deadlifts, presses, chin-ups, push-ups etc.).
- Train your weaknesses each time you hit the gym- CrossFit is about being as complete as possible – and you’re never better than your weakest lift/WOD/skill in a competition (mine are: pull-ups, muscle-ups, kipping toes to bar, ring dips).
- Train your strengths as well – I’ts fun and ofen an advantage to have a few exercises that you really rock (mine are: kipping HSPU, barbell complexes, snatches and leg exercises in CrossFit WODs).
- HAVE FUN while training