Photo: Winners women’s RX division. 1st: CrossFit Malmö (Sweden), 2nd: Ditte & me (Denmark), Butcher’s Garage (YAY!), 3rd: Butcher’s Lab (Denmark)
We’re back from the coolest and also the SICEST CrossFit challenge ever hosted by CrossFit Malmö in Sweden.
The competition was a 2-day team competition (2 persons), and it was possible to compete as:
- Men RX
- Women RX
- Men beginners
- Women beginners
70+ teams participated in total, and we were 9 team from Butcher’s Lab and Butcher’s Garage and a few more Danish teams from other affiliates. We participated in the women’s RX division (team name: “Maximum Overdrive”).
The WODs for all divisions were the same with small modifications in weight, reps or exercises. Our overall impression is that all the CrossFit domains were tested and that the level was a lot higher than other competitions we’ve been participating in (weights heavier, WODs more skills demanding etc.). Moreover, we didn’t know the WODs for Saturday before signing in Saturday morning – and the same regarding WODs for Sunday. Very refreshing!
Here’s how it went for Ditte and me:
We were only 5 teams in the women’s RX division, but some really fierce competitors. Our 2 biggest competitors were the team from Butcher’s Lab (went to the Games in 2012) and the local team from CrossFit Malmö (2 really strong and highly skilled women). We’ve lost to both teams in quite a lot of previous competitions this year, so this weekend was a fine opportunity to test if our training is going in the right direction. The 2 other teams in the women’s RX division were also fighting hard, and took some great placements in some of the events, which made the competition really intersting.
At the moment we’re primarily focusing on skills and strength and are not 100% in competition cardio shape, but that’s no excuse for the results….
DAY # 1
5 Box jump 60cm
7 Hang Power Cleans 50 kg
9 Thrusters 35 kg
WOD done with me starting, and Ditte starting right after.
Result: Ditte and I finished 3rd
- CrossFit Malmö: 8:24 min.
- Butcher’s Lab: 9:58 min.
- Butcher’s Garage (us): 10:07 min.
- CrossFit Gothenburg: 13:10 min.
- Butcher’s Garage (team 2): 16:20 min.
EVENT 2 (1 pers working at the time):
800 m run together
40 CTB pull-ups
20 C&J 55 kg
400m buddy carry
30 KB snatch 24 kg
30 OHS 40 kg
200 D.U (with a really crappy jump rope – same for everyone)
Result: Ditte and I finished 3rd
- CrossFit Malmö: 17:28 min.
- Butcher’s Lab: 17:43 min.
- Butcher’s Garage (us): 20:44 min. (buddy carry took forever :-))
- Butcher’s Garage (team 2): 30:10 min.
- CrossFit Gothenburg: 39:10 min.
On the 1:30 min do:
Ladder : 1 Clean/ 1 F. Squat and 16 Burpeess
Clean: 40/45/50/55/60/65 kg – then switch to front squats: 70/75/80/85/90/95 kg
Result: Ditte and I finished 1st (yay!)
- Butcher’s Garage (us): 80 + 85 kg + 18 burpees
- CrossFit Malmö: 80 + 85 kg + 16 burpees
- Butcher’s Lab: 80 kg (only 1 athlete got into the front squats) + some burpees
- CrossFit Gothenburg
- Butcher’s Garage (team 2)
Overall result after day 1: On a tied 2nd place
- 1st: CrossFit Malmö
- 2nd: Butcher’s Lab // Butcher’s Garage (us)
- 4th: CrossFit Gothenburg
- 5th: Butcher’s Garage (team 2)
DAY # 2
24 Toes through rings
12 Squat snatch 40 kg
Result: 3rd place
- CrossFit Malmö: 11:39 min.
- Butcher’s Lab: 13:52 min.
- Butcher’s Garage (us): 20:05 min. (Ditte struggeled with the muscle-ups in round 2, and I can’t do one yet = room for improvement)
- Butcher’s Garage (team 2): 25:00 min.
- CrossFit Gothenburg: DNF
A: Within 6 min find 1 rep max jerk anyhow
Result: 1st place (Ditte 75 kg, me 85 kg)
B: Within 4 min find max rope climb
Result: 3rd place (13 trips)
Overall result – WOD 5.A:
- 1. Butcher’s Garage (us): 160 kg.
- 2. CrossFit Malmö: 150 kg.
- 3. Butcher’s Lab // CrossFit Gothenburg: 135 kg.
- 4. Butcher’s Lab (team 2): 120 kg.
Overall result – WOD 5.B:
- 1. Butcher’s Lab // CrossFit Malmö: 15 trips
- 3. Butcher’s Garage // Butcher’s Garage team 2 (Dalya and Sidsel): 13 trips
- 5. CrossFit Gothenburg: 10 reps
50 D.U each (crappy rope – same for everyone)
5m Handstand walk unbroken each (6 Burpees as buyout for team mate)
4 deadlifts 105 kg
Result: 2nd place (I walked 4 x 5 m unbroken = major improvement)
- 1. CrossFit Gothenburg: 14:40 min.
- 2. CrossFit Malmö // Butcher’s Garage (us) 21:20 min.
- 4. Butcher’s Lab: 30:55 min.
- 5. Butcher’s Garage (team 2): 39:00 min.
EVENT 7 – FINAL EVENT
On the minute:
Perform alternating C&J @ 55 kg+KBS @ 28 kg and 6 C2B pull-ups+KBS.
KBS reps will increase from 6 reps +2 reps as the WOD goes on.
Result: 1st place
- 1. Butcher’s Garage (us) // CrossFit Malmö: 19:40 min.
- 3. Butcher’s Lab: 19:45 min.
- 4. Butcher’s Garage (team 2): 28:55 min.
- 5. CrossFit Gothenburg: 31:00 min.
Overall result: 2nd place (YAY)!
- CrossFit Malmö: 11 points
- Butcher’s Garage (us): 17 points
- Butcher’s Lab: 20 points
- CrossFit Gothenburg: 32 points
- Butcher’s Lab (team 2): 35 points
PLACEMENTS – TOP FINISHERS FROM BUTCHER’S
- Martin Møller + Anders Knudsen, men’s RX 3rd place
- Pelo + Anders Lundegaard, men’s RX 4th place
- Line + Marthe, women’s beginner 5th place
- Dalya + Sidsel, women’s RX 5th place
See all scores here: http://frontlinecompetition.com/?page_id=660
We had 5 teams from Butcher’s Garage’s Competition Team participating. All teams performed VERY well.
A big THANKS for Jess and Lars from CrossFit Malmö for arranging such a cool and smooth event. We will for sure come back next year!
/Ditte & Sarah