Author: Jeff R. Tucker
Breaking Parallel is more than a book filled a series of movements. It teaches you the elements of basic gymnastics, allowing you to breakdown inefficient movement from a visual perspective. However, in addition to supplying you with the ‘gymnastics eye,’ Breaking Parallel also teaches you how to fix a broad assortment of problems, including those that arise from strength issues, mobility issues, coordination issues, and issues caused by a lack of spatial awareness. Whether you are a coach, an athlete, or someone simply wanting to get into better shape, Breaking Parallel will not only teach you how to execute an array of highly functional movements, but also how to perfect them.
The book includes:
- Conditioning drills for developing basic strength.
- Mobility exercises needed for sports and daily life.
- Handstand exercises that develop balance and upper body strength.
- Ring drills that allow you to develop stability control.
- Hollow form techniques for developing solid core strength.
- Parallette exercises for lower body development, core strength, and arm strength.
- Inverted forms for developing keen spatial awareness.
Pre order the book here: http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Parallel-CrossFit-Gymnastics-Movement/dp/1936608804