Author: Brian MacKenzie
Through thousands of step-by-step color photographs and detailed narrative, Power, Speed, ENDURANCE breaks down proper running, cycling, and swimming mechanics like never before. MacKenzie’s unique system of building strength, speed, and power is aimed at reaping continual results, without injury. In fact, he devotes an entire chapter to the “broken down” athlete, equipping you with the knowledge to prevent, repair, and treat injuries brought on by poor mechanics and tight overworked muscles. In addition, MacKenzie outlines a straightforward approach to nutrition, hydration, and electrolyte balance that will increase your energy, boost your performance, and accelerate your recovery.
Whether you’re a self-trained athlete looking to compete in your first endurance event, a seasoned competitor looking to reach your highest potential, or a CrossFit athlete looking to increase stamina, Power, Speed, ENDURANCE will help you reach your goal.
In this book, you will learn how to:
- develop proper running technique using the Pose Method
- properly fit yourself on a bike
- improve cycling mechanics on a road, time-trial, and mountain bike
- swim effortlessly and improve freestyle-stroke mechanics through skill-based drills and exercises
- accelerate work capacity and minimize fatigue by building muscle, speed, and power
- incorporate a CrossFit Endurance strength-and-conditioning program into your training routine
- maximize nutrition, hydration, and electrolyte balance to improve performance and body composition
- prevent, repair, and treat nagging injuries associated with endurance sports and improve range of motion using Starrett’s Movement and Mobility Method